So, I am going to attempt to record some daily funnies and general "stuff" we go through as a family...I hate to admit I've done a terrible job keeping up with my boys' baby books and photo albums. I guess I'm hoping this will be an easier way to document our life and share it with our family and friends.
As I try to enter this first post, Wyatt needs a diaper change, Henry is playing with Ethan & my least favorite "loud" toy, and Paden is begging me to play on the computer...one of his favorite things to do right now. In a way it's neat that he can spell the website for disney, pbskids or sproutonline that he likes to play, but that also means he is really growing up...he can get on the internet, type in where he wants to go and use the laptop mousepad with no problem. That reminds me, I need to sign up for information about kindergarten registration...I can't tell him or he will be asking me multiple times a day until August when school starts; he is so excited to go to school!
As Spring approaches, I'm sure many adventures await as we've been told by neighbors that we will find we need things we never imagined we would want...such as a snow blower, a post driver and other fence equipment, a riding lawn mower, I have a "work" coat - that I love! and we have plans for the beginning of a large garden! Last Friday the boys and I picked up sticks from the front yard for about 45 minutes and used our John Deere wagon to haul them to the backyard. Later in the afternoon I shoveled and raked a pile of dirt to even out the grade around our septic tank cover and Wyatt followed the boys everywhere they went. It seems there is always going to be some project to be done outside for general maintenance...and don't even get me started on all of our indoor projects! This is exactly what we wanted...a place to call our own that would keep us busy so we don't feel the urge to move when we've done all we can to the place. I don't really see that we will ever reach the end of the list of things we would like to do here...it seems to go on and on and we continually add to it!
We should have plenty of pictures and stories to share of all these upcoming projects and our day to day life as we go along. The best part of it all is that we are doing it all together...we are so thankful for our family and friends and feel truly blessed that you are all in our lives!
Awesome! You might inspire me to start up mine again, love it! Congrats :-) on the country home...my husband won't be able to read this, he'd be envious.
ReplyDelete